Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
We are looking for a talented Content Marketer to take full responsibility of inbound marketing strategies for ourselves and our clients including social media, blogs, and lead generation.
Our ideal candidate is a creative marketing professional, preferably with a background in writing. You should be able to develop engaging content to attract and retain customers. For this position, it’s also essential to be up-to-date with new technologies and marketing trends.
Ultimately, you should be able to expand the digital footprints and brand awareness for our clients who are in a variety of business sectors (from wine and food to pet products), as well as for our own company.
This is a salaried full-time position with benefits. Digital agency experience, or experience working with Shopify is preferred but not required (you can learn this on the job). We will consider candidates interested in relocating to Halifax, Nova Scotia – but no telecommuting.
- Design content marketing strategies and set short-term goals
- Undertake content marketing initiatives to achieve business targets
- Collaborate with design and development teams to produce high-quality content
- Develop editorial calendars, delegate tasks, and ensure deadlines are met
- Deliver engaging content on a regular basis and inspire team members and clients
- Coach clients and set them up for success if they choose to bring their content marketing in-house
- Edit, proofread, and improve content
- Optimize content considering SEO and Google Analytics
- Analyze web traffic metrics
- Share content through various channels, ensuring strong web presence
- Receive customer feedback and generate ideas to increase customer engagement
- Always be thinking about the next steps
- Proven work experience in the Content Marketing field
- Proficiency in WordPress, Shopify, or other Content Management Software
- Understanding of web publishing requirements
- Editorial mindset with an ability to predict audience preferences
- Hands on experience with SEO and web traffic metrics
- Expertise in social media platforms
- Project management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or a relevant field
- You will be working in the Shopify ecosystem, and prior experience is considered an asset for candidate applying to the position.
Able Sense is a full-service ecommerce agency helping merchants grow with Shopify Plus.
We are a fully-integrated team offering:
- Ecommerce strategy and action plans
- Multi-channel Shopify implementations
- Brand strategy and execution
- Email marketing
- Custom Shopify app development
- Web design and development for Shopify ecommerce
- Copywriting and editing for the web
- Photography and video production
- Shopify POS setup
- 15 vacation days plus 13 stat holidays
- 4 extra-long weekends
- Employer sponsored life, disability, health, and dental plan
- Fun, challenging projects for interesting clients focused on growth
- An inspiring, comfortable and social office in Halifax
- A team of smart, hard-working people who know how to have fun too
- Quarterly Shopify meetups where you will have an opportunity to present
- Free coffee and tea
- We invest in our team and aim to provide anything you need to expand and nurture your skills including training and equipment. We also reward talent and leadership skills, with a clear promotion path for those who excel.
Take Your Next Step
We will contact candidates who follow this application process, and have the skills and experience we are looking for.